Journal of Commercial Biotechnology seeks associate editors with specialty in management
The Journal of Commercial Biotechnology seeks applications for two volunteer associate editors with a specialty in management. Posts are for renewable 2 year terms, with the potential to advance to managing editor.
Duties include soliciting submissions, working with authors to improve promising manuscripts, managing blinded peer-review, communicating with authors and reviewers, submitting editorials, and assisting the chief editor as required.
The ideal candidates will have an academic post and complement the chief editor by having a research focus in a management-related topic.
Desirable characteristics include:
- An MBA or PhD in a management-related topic
- An active research program in management
- Previous editorial/referee experience
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle correspondence professionally
- A record of publications in competitive and refereed journals
Applications should be emailed to Chief Editor Yali Friedman ateditor@CommercialBiotechnology.com no later than December 1st 2012 and should consist of:
- A cv
- A statement of purpose indicating why you would like to become an associate editor and potentially later advance to managing editor, and your qualifications
- Copies of recent publications
About the JCB:
The Journal of Commercial Biotechnology is the definitive international quarterly publication for bioscience business professionals. Founded as the Journal of Biotechnology in Healthcare in 1994, the JCB has been published since 1998. The Journal is designed specifically for those professionals who need to enhance their knowledge of biotechnology business strategy and management, improve and advance their product development or want to keep up-to-date with the current issues and industry trends. Sample papers are available at http://commercialbiotechnology.com/pages/view/sample-papers .