BiotechBlog and the Journal of Commercial Biotechnology are proud to serve as media sponsors for the 3rd Annual Health Outcomes and Pharmacoeconomics Research conference:
Event Date: 30-31 Jan 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
- Key conference speakers:
|Head, PRO Excellence, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
|Rami Ben-Joseph, PhD|
|Vice President, Health Outcomes and Pharmacoeconomics, Endo Pharmaceuticals|
|Betsy J. Lahue, M.P.H.|
|Vice President, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, BD|
|Dr. Omar Dabbous|
|Senior Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Takeda Pharmaceuticals|
- Key conference topics:
- Share best practices with peer companies about creating, accessing and utilizing pharmacoeconomics data
- Incorporate key strategies to strenghten and promote the value of your product or process
- Hear from the payer community about what type of data they want to see from life sciences companies
- Discuss the future impact of both CER and overarching healthcare reform and how to prepare
- Full details at http://www.marcusevansch.com/HEOR_BTB
The Journal of Commercial Biotechnology is proud to announce the addition of two esteemed industry experts to its advisory board.
The new editorial board members are:
- Ananda Mohan Chakrabarty, distinguished university professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago and noted for his genetically modified Pseudomonas bacteria that became the first genetically-engineered organism to gain a US patent as a result of the Supreme Court decision in Diamond vs. Chakrabarty. He is the co-founder of two companies, CDG Therapeutics Inc. in Chicago and Amrita Therapeutics in India.
- Meir Perez Pugatch, Managing Director Pugatch Consilium; Chair, Division of Health Systems Administration, School of Public Health, University of Haifa, Israel
These esteemed individuals complement the existing editorial advisory board, which includes:
- Mark Ahn, Principal, Pukana Partners, Ltd., USA, United States
- John Avellanet, Cerulean Associates LLC, United States
- Boris Bogdan, Partner, Avance, Basel GmbH, Switzerland
- Arthur Boni, John R. Thorne Chair of Entrepreneurship; Associate Teaching Professor of Entrepreneurship; and Director, Donald H. Jones Center for Entrepreneurship, Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, United States
- Walter Bratic, Managing Director, Overmont Consulting LLC, United States
- G. Steven Burrill, Chief Executive Officer, Burrill & Company, United States
- Steven Casper, Henry E. Riggs Professor of Management, Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences, United States
- Vijay Chandra, Chairman & CEO, Strand Life Sciences Pvt Ltd, India and Consulting Professor, ISL/EE, Stanford University, United States
- James Class, Director, Global Public Policy, Merck, United States
- Jeremy Laurence Curnock Cook, Executive Chairman, Bioscience Managers Limited, United Kingdom
- Iraj Daizadeh, Senior Manager, Amgen Inc, United States
- Mitch DeKoven, Director – Reimbursement and Market Access, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, IMS Health, United States
- Spencer G. Feldman, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, United States
- Sharon Finch, Director, Medius Associates, United Kingdom
- Hernan Garrido-Lecca, Chairman and CEO Bioinvest; Professor of Economics and Public Policy, Universidad de San Martín de Porres, Lima Peru and Former Minister of Health, Peru
- Gerald S. Graham, Business and Management Consultant, Graham Consulting Group, United States
- Dave Jensen, Managing Director, CareerTrax Inc., United States
- Kenneth Kaitin, Director, Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development and Professor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, United States
- John Khong, Owner, Niche Medical, J & M Technologies, Cell Sciences; Adjunct faculty, LKC Business School, Singapore management University, Singapore
- Edward L. Korwek, Partner, Hogan Lovells, United States
- Thomas J. Kowalski, Attorney at Law, Vedder Price P.C., United States
- Leonard Lerer, Sudarskis & Partners, United Arab Emirates
- Weijun Li, Senior Research Scientist, Global Biological Development, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, United States
- Bryan A. Liang, Professor of Anesthesiology & Director San Diego Center for Patient Safety, University of California San Diego School of Medicine; Professor of Law & Executive Director, Institute of Health Law Studies, California Western School of Law, United States
- Kate Lynch, CEO, Generic Medicines Industry Association (GMiA), Australia
- Barry Marenberg, Chief Intellectual Property Strategist, BJM BioPat Solutions, United States
- Henry I. Miller, Senior Research Fellow of Scientific Philosophy & Public Policy, Hoover Institution, Stanford University, United States
- Stefan Michael Miller, Associate, Dechert LLP, United States
- Sudha Nair, Director, Global Business Development, Apotex Fermentation Inc., Canada
- Robin Nott, Chair of the Laws Committee, Licensing Executives Society Britain and Ireland, United Kingdom
- Meir Perez Pugatch, Chair Division of Health Systems Administration, School of Public Health, University of Haifa; Managing Director Pugatch Consilium, Israel
- Rebecca Robins, Director, Europe, Business Development, Interbrand Wood Healthcare, United Kingdom
- Anthony J Russo, Chairman and CEO, Russo Partners, United States
- Stephen M. Sammut, Senior Fellow, Wharton Health Care Systems and Entrepreneurial Programs and Venture Partner, Burrill & Company, United States
- Simon Shohet, Practice Director, Pope Woodhead & Associates Ltd, United Kingdom
- Grant Skrepenk, Assistant Professor, The University of Arizona College of Pharmacy and Investigator, Center for Health Outcomes and PharmacoEconomic Research, United States
- Anthony Stevens, Director, Medical Options, United Kingdom
- Philip Neal Sussman, Managing Partner, The Channel Group LLC, United States
- Michael Vitale, Director of Commercialisation, Monash Asia-Pacific Centre for Science and Wealth Creation, Monash University, Australia
- Stan Yakatan, Chairman, Katan Associates, United States
For more information, see the Journal of Commercial Biotechnology at http://CommercialBiotechnology.com
I am running a special discount at DrugPatentWatch through the end of November:
50% off the Global and Individual Country Drug Patent Inventor Reports through November 30th 2011.
These Pharmaceutical Industry Reports are produced by data-mining the DrugPatentWatch Database, and provide detailed information on FDA-approved pharmaceutical drugs.
Please contact us with any special data needs beyond the existing report catalog.
| ||Global Drug Patent Inventor Report|
The Global Drug Patent Inventor Report profiles the individuals, countries, and US states leading pharmaceutical innovation.
$5,000 $2,500 until November 30th
| || Individual Country Drug Patent Inventor Report|
These Individual Country Drug Patent Inventor Reports profile the individuals leading pharmaceutical innovation in 20 countries, including Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States.
$195 – $795 $97.50 – $397.50 until November 30th
See other reports at the DrugPatentWatch Reports page.
The Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM) 2012 Venture Pitch Competition is calling for finalists to present to a venture capital judging panel at the AUTM Annual Meeting (which will be held in Anaheim from March 14-17, 2012).
The competition is open to all disciplines this year. So whether your company is considered life science, software, engineering-focused or even a game-based technology, all are welcome to submit.
Final presenters will all receive a $1,000 travel stipend and free registration to the AUTM Annual Meeting. The winner will still receive a $10,000 prize.
The deadline for submission is Monday, November 21, 2011. You can apply here: http://autmventure2012.istart.org/.
Drug Patent Expirations in November 2011
*Drugs may be covered by multiple patents
|Tradename||Applicant||Generic Name||Patent Number||Patent Expiration|
|APHTHASOL||Uluru||amlexanox||5,362,737||Nov 8, 2011|
|MAGNEVIST||Bayer Hlthcare||gadopentetate dimeglumine||5,362,475||Nov 8, 2011|
|ABLAVAR||Lantheus Medcl||gadofosveset trisodium||5,362,475||Nov 8, 2011|
|OMNISCAN||Ge Healthcare||gadodiamide||5,362,475||Nov 8, 2011|
|SYMBICORT||Astrazeneca||budesonide; formoterol fumarate dihydrate||5,349,945||Nov 12, 2011|
|CARDIZEM CD||Valeant Intl||diltiazem hydrochloride||5,364,620||Nov 14, 2011|
|VFEND||Pfizer||voriconazole||5,364,938||Nov 15, 2011|
|VISIPAQUE 270||Ge Healthcare||iodixanol||5,366,722||Nov 22, 2011|
|CHLORAPREP ONE-STEP FREPP||Carefusion||chlorhexidine gluconate; isopropyl alcohol||D386849||Nov 25, 2011|
|BAYCOL||Bayer Pharms||cerivastatin sodium||5,177,080||Nov 26, 2011|
|TESLASCAN||Ge Healthcare||mangafodipir trisodium||4,933,456||Nov 27, 2011|
|ZOLINZA||Merck||vorinostat||RE38506||Nov 29, 2011|
This information is also available in an email newsletter: Subscribe to the DrugPatentWatch Patent Expiration Bulletin.
Courtesy of DrugPatentWatch.com